Tips for Hiring the Right Builder
Hiring the right company to renovate your home or build a new one is an important decision. After all, you’ll be working with the contractor for a good span of time and investing a lot of money. At the Bartley Builder Group, we encourage you to do your homework and interview a number of companies for your project. We’re confident that at the end of the day you’ll find the Bartley Builder Group the finest construction and design firm in South Florida. Following are some guidelines to help you with your decision.
• Ask for References. There’s no better way to get a feel for a company than by speaking with one of its customers.
• Ask how long the contractor has been in the business. Experience counts for a lot.
• Is the company fully licensed and insured with workers compensation and liability?
• How many full-time employees does the contractor employ? Ask if any work will be subcontracted, and if so, what work?
• Make sure the company provides in-house design services or has a close relationship with an outside architect.
• Ask about all necessary permitting and inspection for your specific project, which may include building, electrical, plumbing, and fire safety permits.
• Be sure you understand all the items and terms in any proposal provided.
• Contact the Better Business Bureau and/or government Consumers Affairs Office for additional information about the company. Financial stability and business practices are important considerations.